Join us on April 15 at 2:00 p.m. CDT:
Making the Leap to Library Leadership – Free IFLA/ALA webinar.
From the NPSIG website:
New Librarians Global Connection: Best Practices, Models and Recommendations
Title: Making the Leap to Library Leadership
April 16, 2015
2:00 p.m. CDT
3:00 p.m. EDT
9:00 p.m. CET
World Clock http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Link to access the virtual meeting room – http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r6ljsyd50e1/
- Eva Dahlbäck; Acting Head of Customer Service, University of Stockholm
- Kimberly Sweetman, Library Consultant (Based in Amsterdam)
This webinar is designed both for people who have been called upon to serve a leadership role and those who wish to take on more leadership responsibility. The session will outline essential skills for twenty-first century library leaders and help participants to gain a deeper understanding of their own role, as well as that of their department and library, within the larger picture of their umbrella organization. Topics such as emotional intelligence, professional comportment, understanding organizational culture, change management and intellectual agility will be covered in a practical, non-theoretical way. This webinar is designed to be a small taste of what is offered at such institutes so that participants can begin to chart a course for personal leadership development.
- Participants will develop an understanding of essential skills for library leaders.
- Participants will become familiar with the tools for understanding the larger picture of higher education administration.
- Participants will learn how to better know their organization to be a more successful leader.